Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the frequently asked questions below. If you don’t find the answer to your question, feel free to contact our office via email, or set up a FREE discovery consultation.
Scheduling & Visits
What Are The Restrictions On Virtual Doctor's Visits?
Your initial visit at Joanne Sumpio Hinson MD PLLC must be in person. After the first visit, all follow up visits can be conducted by phone or virtually using our secure video channel if you choose.
Patients have unlimited email contact with Joanne Sumpio Hinson MD PLLC provider team. However, if an email question or request is deemed by one of our staff to be too complicated or involved for a response via email they may, at their discretion, require that the member schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email.
Scheduling & Cancellations
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with an Joanne Sumpio Hinson MD PLLC doctor, health coach, or team member. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a full visit charge to the credit card on file.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment, at least 24 hours ahead, using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged that visit to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
We Are Not A Primary Care Physician.
It is important to note the following:
1. We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in-network primary care physician as we are not in-network with any insurance plan.
2. We are not available for same-day emergency appointments.
3. We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
We Do Not Bill Insurance Companies
The cost of any services provided by Joanne Sumpio Hinson MD PLLC which are not included in the episode of care fee will be billed to you directly.
Non-Joanne Sumpio Hinson MD PLLC medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
Joanne Sumpio Hinson MD PLLC will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
We will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
About Lab Tests
- Most lab tests ordered by a Joanne Sumpio Hinson MD PLLC physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Joanne Sumpio Hinson MD PLLC.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with an Joanne Sumpio Hinson MD PLLC doctor and may include blood, saliva, urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your Joanne Sumpio Hinson MD PLLC physician.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Joanne Sumpio Hinson MD PLLC, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs.
Take The First Step On Your Journey Back To Health
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. We are happy to answer any questions you have to see whether or not Joanne Sumpio Hinson MD PLLC is right for you.